Recognizing This Year’s Outstanding Faculty Honoree…
Dr. Barbuto is a professor in the Department of Management, and he has been recognized at the Spring 2014 Scholarship and Awards Ceremony as Mihaylo's Outstanding Faculty Member. He was up against some extremely bright and intelligent individuals for this great honor.
He was selected for this award based on the following criteria:
- His dedication in bringing nationally recognized and innovative teaching methods to his students.
- His research and service back to the college, including many of his works cited in areas of servant leadership, emotional intelligence, transformational leadership, work motivation and influence processes.
- His Leadership Scholars Program which connects Orange County executives with the University’s undergraduate students through a series of guest speakers and networking activities. This program has grown steadily since its inception with well over 400 plus students signed up.
- His additional time spent in assisting students with complicated research projects.
- His service performance in taking over the Directorship of the Center for Leadership and making significant progress for undergraduate students, graduate students, alumni and the Orange County Business community.